RESOURCES FOR PARENTS
At Saltus Performance, we emphasize developing the youth athletes’ ability to safely sprint, jump, throw, and lift. These physical attributes should be utilized and emphasized differently depending on the athletes’ training age and biological age. Long-term Athlete Development (LTAD) is about training for athletic longevity.
The benefits of LTAD include:
- Reduced risk of injuries through appropriate training and progression
- Increased chances of long-term success and elite performance.
- Enhanced physical literacy and overall athleticism
- Improved mental and emotional well-being
- Greater enjoyment and engagement in sports, leading to increased participation rates.
Please read the below links to better understand how we will program your son and daughter’s training program in a safe and effective manner.
If you have any questions about Long-term Athlete Development, contact us or review our Youth Performance page for more information. LTAD is not just about winning in the short term; it’s about nurturing athletes to reach their full potential in the long run.